Assignment 5: Recommendations to Manage Common Compliance Issues
Due Week 10 and worth 150 points
Note: The assignments are a series of papers that build on one another. using the following rubric.
Develop a fifteen to twenty (15-20) slide visual presentation with speaker notes– Using previous papers (attached)
Refer the following resource to complete this assignment:
A guide to best practices for contract administration (
As the Contract Officer, you know it is time to assemble a team to manage compliance of the contract. Create a visual presentation based on the scenario you created to bring the team you have assembled up to date on what has occurred thus far.
Develop a fifteen to twenty (15-20) slide visual presentation with speaker notes in which you:
- Analyze the importance of roles and responsibilities of contracting officers and administrators.
- Identify the various options of administrative and judicial processes available and select the appropriate process to resolve the dispute.
- Analyze the importance of improving methods of creating contract schedules and using a compliance matrix in government contract situations.
- Present ideas for brainstorming with your team in order to develop a policy that explains the role the Contract Officer should have played in the dealings between the government and the contractor, from the time the contract was awarded through completion of the work.
- Recommend three best practices (one  from each section presented on Contracting Officerâ€™s Technical Representative [COTR], voucher processing, and contract closeout) that will lend insight into ensuring that the contracting process moves smoothly through financing, administration, and closeout of the contract.
- Use at least four quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. For quality resources, visit the Strayer University Online Library at https://research.strayer.edu.
Note: Use a visual presentation tool that you are comfortable with and effectively communicates your information to your audience. Examples include: PowerPoint, Prezi, Sway.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Given a contract disputes situation, evaluate the various options and select the appropriate administrative and judicial processes available to resolve the dispute.
- Develop recommendations to manage the common compliance issues throughout financing, administration, and closeout of contracts.
- Given a contract change situation, evaluate the various options and select the appropriate administrative processes to effect the change.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in government contract law.
- Write clearly and concisely about government contract law using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.