Number your paper from 1-4 and answer each question.
- Write a brief 1-2 sentence introduction defining the â€œAd Hominem Argument.â€
- In your own words, explain the meaning of a fallacious ad hominem argument and give an original example.
- In your own words, explain the meaning of a legitimate ad hominem argument and give an original example.
- Questions 2 and 3 should be answered thoroughly, with a minimum of 1 complete paragraph for each question (3-5 sentences).
- â€‹In your own words, explain how understanding the distinction between a fallacious ad hominem argument and a legitimate ad hominem argument is important to ethical discussion.
- â€‹Question 4 should be more in-depth and descriptive.
- Use a minimum of two paragraphs (3-5 sentences each).
- Use a concluding sentence that summarizes your points about the distinction.
- Use 2 pieces of information from the assigned material to support your reasoning.
- â€‹Note: This information must be cited and referenced according to APA guidelines. If you summarize an idea that is not your own, it must be cited properly. If you quote directly from other material, it must be placed in quotation marks and cited properly. Use quotations only if the quotation is short and the idea cannot be expressed in any other way.