media analysis 1 organizational websites and social media read instructions carefully
Media Analysis #1: Organizational Websites and Social Media
The purpose of the assignment is to gather examples of how organizations are using social media on the Web.
1. Choose 6 websites to analyze
From the data youâ€™ve collected, write a 2-3 page analysis paper as follows:
- 2 from Fortune 500 companies
- 2 from nonprofit organizations
- 2 from â€œyour pickâ€ of organizations (representative of a like-category: retail, restaurants, media, sports, etc.
- Summarize your findings for the six websites you reviewed. When you summarize answer the following questions: describe the website, what social media is being used? What are some of the topics on the links? What else do you find of interest? Are there blogs? Who writes the blogs? What are the topics? What do you believe each is trying to achieve through their use of social media? (20 pts)
- Compare/Contrast. Compare the similarities and differences between the Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations, and the â€œyour pickâ€ categories. What might account for the differences? (30 pts)
- Discuss what you learned from this exercise. How does it relate to the readings (how business uses the Web)? article for it: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/businesses-use-internet-752.html How does it relate to media convergence and “social organizations”? (20 pts)
Fortune 500 companieshttp://fortune.com/fortune500/ (Links to an external site.)**Be sure to find the corporate site, not the retail (shopping) site. For example: http://corporate.walmart.com/ (Links to an external site.) NOT https://www.walmart.com/ (Links to an external site.) Top 100 Nonprofits on the Webhttp://www.thenonprofittimes.com/wp-content/upload… (Links to an external site.)Written media analysis papers must be typed, double-spaced, 12-point font, 1-inch margins, and carefully proofread for errors.