module 12 activity smoking
The purpose of this assignment is to get you thinking about advertising for tobacco products. For this activity, you need to locate at least one advertisement for cigarettes and at least one advertisement for smokeless tobacco and analyze the methods of persuasion and the target audience for the various advertisements. Keep a record of the source of each advertisement so that you can use this information to understand the target audience. Answer the following questions for each advertisement:
- To whom is the advertisement designed to appeal (i.e., who is the target audience)?
- Does the product promote a masculine or feminine image? Explain your response.
- Which ethnic groups are targeted?
- With what image does the product try to associate itself?
- Are people part of the advertisement, and if so, what age group is portrayed?
- How do advertisements for cigarettes differ from those for smokeless tobacco in their images, places of appearance, and sources of persuasion?
Your submission should be 2-3 pages total in length (double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 point font, one-inch margins).