Select a well-known personalityâ€”judge, lawyer, correctional administrator, or police chiefâ€”in criminal justice and talk about this personâ€™s leadership style in relation to the leadership theories discussed in your book.
Answer the following questions in an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation:
- Which of the following theories is most suitable for describing this leaderâ€™s behavior?
- Situational leadership
- Multiple linkage model
- Cognitive resource theory
- Support your choice with reasons and explain why the other theories are not suitable.
- How can the leadership substituteâ€™s theory be applied to explain the situational variables for this leader?
- Do you think the path-goal theory explains the strategies of influence used by this leader? Why?
- Did this leader receive too much credit for the agencyâ€™s success, or do you believe that he or she could have been successful despite the subordinates? Why?