Choose one of the questions below to answer.
Answer the question in a short essay written in your word processor and pasted into a Reply to this thread. Change the Subject to your name.
Your initial post must be at least 1 page, double-spaced in 12 pt. font (350 words). Respond to 2 of the posts in your group, either adding evidence to an idea you agree with or a valid argument against an idea you disagree with. Minimum 5 lines/response. HEAR IS A LINK TO THE FILM http://www1.movie2khd.org/watch/fences-2016.html
- Discuss the significance of the title, Fences, as it relates to characters and themes of the play.
- Is Troy a tragic figure, a hero, a villain or a combination of these types? Is he a sympathetic character?
- To what degree are the conflicts in this play caused by racism or racial/social inequality? Or, are they more universal?
- What is the play’s attitude toward women?
- Does Troy love Rose? Why does he cheat on her?
- Why does Rose accept Raynell but reject Troy?
ALSO PLESES SEND IT TO ME AS A WORD DOC