wk 3 healthcare
This is part one of the class project assessments. [ Click here to see the overview of the assignments.]ATTACHED
An important purpose of this assignment is to examine what the different branches and layers of government do to address a policy using a current issue to illustrate it.
Complete a research essay on the government and healthcare. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
The U.S. healthcare system has been a controversial topic for decades. Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about the American healthcare system.
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable.
- Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the federal government).
- Address the responsibilities of each of the three branches of the federal government.
- 500 word minimum and 600 word maximum length, not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Depend on credible sources for your information rather than depending on news.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings. (Use the text and the lessons.)
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Use attached template.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
- See the essay rubric for further details on grading.
1) Write concisely! More is not necessarily better if the required points from the rubric are missed. A 500-word essay can earn an “A,” while a 700 word essay may lose points for going too long.
2) Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using “I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your”).